Be Where You Belong. Experience the Wonders of Volunteering at Como Park Zoo & Conservatory.
Como Park Zoo and Conservatory offers opportunities to experience the fascinating connections between people, plants and animals. As a volunteer, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, share, and grow with us. Como volunteers are young, old and in-between, with a wide variety of schedules, backgrounds, interests, and talents to offer.
Here are some of the ways you can be involved as a volunteer at Como. Please note that current opportunities vary based on availability and seasonal needs. Current volunteer position openings are noted on the application form.
- College Internships – Education, Horticulture, Marketing and Zoo internships are available throughout the year. Click on the link above for position applications and requirements.
- Visitor Greeter - Welcome and assist visitors in finding attractions and special activities. Share information about the day’s schedule
- Interpreter (Public Education) – Welcome visitors and help our guests enjoy a fulfilling zoo and conservatory experience by sharing information about animals, plants and the relationships among all living things.
- The Ordway Gardens Interpreter (Public Education) – Welcome and provide visitors with information about the Ordway Gardens and the Charlotte Partridge Ordway Japanese garden, including aspects common to Japanese gardens and the art of bonsai.
- Day Camp Assistant – Have fun with children as they learn about plants and animals. Assist teachers during weekday morning or afternoon sessions; Summer and Winter opportunities.
- Education Aide – Work side by side with Como Education staff assisting with classes and special events. Work with children and adults.
- Gardener Aide – Assist staff in the preparation and maintenance of horticultural displays. Indoor and outdoor seasonal positions.
- Projects and Events – If you are looking for a more seasonal schedule or a one-time project for a small group, there are several ways to be involved at Como. Projects for small groups or individuals include seasonal grounds maintenance and event support.
- Free training
- Valuable experience
- Gift shop discounts
- Newsletter subscriptions
- Invitations to special volunteer recognition events
How to Become a Volunteer
Join our volunteer team in just 2 easy steps:
- Click here to complete our online volunteer application.
- Wait to hear from us. We respond to all volunteer application requests.
Contact us by email at [email protected] or call 651-487-8252.